1. Marina Mahathir says that the public's view of charity has not evolved with the times.
2. She is the daughter of our former prime minister, Mahathir Mohamad.
3. There is a mistaken belief that charities must be run by volunteers.
4. There is no such thing as a full-time volunteer.
5. All charities should be accountable for money given to them.
6. There should be a way of defining and regulating professional fundraisers.
7. It is most disturbing to find people hanging around banks and restaurants trying to raise funds.
For full report, see The Star, 25th April 2007.